1) Raising awareness and promoting knowledge about international relations, especially in regard to relations between Poland and Ukraine, and keeping alive traditions shared by people living in border areas.
2) Supporting and promoting research and academic work in the area of Polish-Ukrainian relations.
3) Stimulating public debates on Polish foreign policy and current Polish-Ukrainian relations.
4) Cultivating cultural diversity as well as promoting national minorities and broadly understood development of civic society and local communities.
5) Developing cross-border people-to-people relations and social initiatives, academic and educational cooperation, as well as supporting cultural and sport events.
6) Broadening Poland’s transitional experience through consulting projects and monitoring of local authority reforms and implementation of the rule of law.